Friday, March 28, 2008

Controversy

I didn't know there was drama in the blogger world. I just keep my head down and plug along. The only comment I would make is that I just don't get the need to publicly criticize others. I know that if you put out a blog, you are making yourself into a very minor public figure by that virtue. Does that leave you open to mean spirited barbs of others? Now, if you are a serious card player and publish your theories on how hands should be properly played and tournaments should be successfully navigated, you are opening yourself up for criticism. In that case though, you probably welcome it in an attempt to improve your own game. the very few times I have posted a hand history, I was desperate to receive some feedback to validate or attack my points That, I understand. A good-natured "donkey," I understand. Beyond that, it escapes me that one would put themselves into a situation over and over again where they feel the need to harangue others. I thought the idea was to play against bad players and keep them around. In my Wednesday night game, we have two big donators. I go out of my way to be nice to them and cut eyes at anybody who gives them any grief over table etiquette or some such perceived breach of decorum. Maybe it's just me though.

I spent all weekend and week practicing my pulse and glide, slathering some butts, and watching scantily clad young ladies and gentlemen. This weekend will probably be more of the same. As I have said before, if you want to visit South Carolina, the next few weeks are the time to come. They hold the Masters at this time of the year for a reason. I'll be playing poker and thinking about nasty to say about you. Hope you do the same.


Oh yeah. This.

1 comment:

muhctim said...

Hey, you are a lawyer. You know there are sick people everywhere. haha. Half the world hates you becase you represent the "other" side. Then when you don't get your client everything he wants, he, his wife, his dog, and his toothless crackhead neighbor will hate you too. Now they aren't publishing it on the internet, or in the blogger rooms, but it's still a kick in the pants sometimes. Anyhow, it is still nice to know that there are somethings we can still laugh about.