Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Cunning Plan . . .goes terribly awry

What to do when the perfect plan falls apart? Get a new plan.

Still in town, still in the office, though I have been home since I last posted. My departure time has been bumped till lunch Thursday, assuming some progress and cooperation from those who don't care if I get a vacation or not. Leaving at that time may put me in prime bar-b-que country in the dead of the night. Anybody know of a 24 hour joint in St. Louis, Kansas City, Salina, anydamnwhere? I'll end up driving a little farther in an attempt to get back on track. The thing is, I'm not even off-track yet. It will be fun to be on the road, taking pictures of the kids at places they won't remember, but I sure will. Why do I want to take a 4 year old, 2 year old, and 8 month old on a two week road trip? Because it sounds like the most fun thing in the world.

Vegas beckons. I hear it. I'm on the spreadsheet. Call me. We'll drink and play blackjack. Poker sounds fun too. Binions on Friday for some HORSE action? Sounds fantastic. Probably going to play the June 9 NLHE WSOP event. That looks like the most popular one among the crew right now. There's a Thai place I've been reading about that has me interested. Anyone want to get spiced?

Looks as though I can play the Mookie as I will still be in town. Not my best tournament this year though. Lady luck may come early. Then, I'm out the door.

No comments: