Thursday, March 19, 2009

Well, I got a flash for ya, joy-boy.

On the way to work this morning, I saw a sign for the Midlands Church for the Deaf. The Baptist Church sitting directly in front of the Church for the Deaf had a Marquee that read, "SONGS OF JOY" This Sunday. Mean old Baptists.

I feel as though I am cheating on my regular restaurant. TO be perfectly frank, the other place has better pancakes of which I can get three of, two eggs, and sausage for $3.50 Coffee adds .95 On Saturday, that translates to about a $15.00 savings when I take the whole family. Things are tough all over.


At the Wednesday night game, the small game has moved into our room to play. It is the only room in the building that allows smoking so now I have to put up with twice as much of that. A definite positive though, is there is a player in the little game that sounds exactly like Phillip Baker Hall. I am going to ask him to read the Bookman solioquy from Seinfeld. I don't think I would be able to stand it.

BOOKMAN: Well, let me tell you something, funny boy. Y'know that little stamp,
the one that says "New York Public Library"? Well that may not mean
anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole hell of a lot.
Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before:
Flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're
thinking. What's this guy making such a big stink about old library
books? Well, let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without
libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change
the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right
now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees
and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers?
Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue
fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that
kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped! Or: maybe
that turns you on, Seinfeld; maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and
your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time
is over. Y'got seven days, Seinfeld. That is one week!


Get your brackets in. Two words: Wake Forest.

2 comments:

DrChako said...

Man, I can hear that whole soliloqy! Thanks for the memory.

-DrC

HEROBITS said...

Strategy is the name of the game. You got to have a sharp mind to defeat your opponent. Never underestimate your foe otherwise it's game over. Plot your tactics just like HEROBIT's Power-Up|Attack|Resist|Damage|Draw Phase game play (a new card game soon to be released on June 21, 2009.) Play with the deception but never let it dupe you.