Monday, December 03, 2007

Wisdom from Movies of my Youth

I am waiting for you, Vizzini. You told me to go back to the beginning. So I have. This is where I am, and this is where I'll stay. I will not be moved.






Just a quick one as I really need to get a few days of hard work in here to get some goals met before the end of the year. The MATH is tonight of course and I will extend the Pirate Bounty for at least this week. I made the final table last Monday but did not cash. I also made a deep run in the Riverchasers but received nothing but marginal satisfaction for that. It feels as though I have gone a long time since a blogger tourney win and I am getting itchy for one. But hey, it it happens, it happens. If not, one of you gets bacon. Win. Win. Win.





Back to the beginning. There is a precipice I can see at all times. Sometimes, it is seemingly below my feet. Other times, it is just short of the horizon. I see my online play stopping as soon as I throw the rest of my roll into the crevasse. Being somewhat resourceful though, I have been able to conserve my roll and watch it grow and shrink since the guvmint decided we were infants in need of special care. As a pirate with somewhat fatalist tendencies (what will be, will be), I see me getting tight one night and pissing away everything on a ill-conceived run at glory or bust. As an optimistic/fatalist (one door closing enables the opening of another), I don't see that future as all bad.

For now though, I have the fighting spirit and need to get back in the game. To that end, I am back at the SNGs at the very low levels in an effort to retool my game and to keep up with all the changes in poker the last four years have wrought. Always solid, I either need to reaffirm my prowess or get out of the way. I'm actually using one of those software tracking thingies I hear so much about to keep my results clear (I haven't used PT in two years). I have been a wanderer for too long now. It is time to make a move for better or for worse. That precipice is an unyielding obstacle. Am I an immovable object myself or just a rock stuck in the mud?

1 comment:

Julius_Goat said...

Inconceivable!