Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It was Four years ago today

Actually, it taped in September but aired 12-12-03

It was my first trip to California (I've been three times since) and the first time I drove across the country (I've done it once more since). Entering Final Jeopardy, I was in second. I had a nice run in the first round but got tentative in the second and lost my button mojo to give the lead to a reference librarian from Oklahoma. It seemed to take forever to make my final wager and I still ended up making a bad one. When the question came out, I was stuck for a moment until I remembered a book series "The Great Brain" I had read as a kid. Even though it was set in Utah, it was at about the same time period and they collected this from ponds. It seemed logical to me and I wrote it down. After the show, they told me they were going to take a seven week break from filming in Culver City to tape the College Championship. Of course, I tell everyone I was a seven week Jeopardy! champ.

Molly: $15,200.00
Wes: $11,000
Tim: $6,800

Final JEOPARDY!
19th CENTURY BUSINESS
Frederic Tudor became wealthy marketing this, which he took from a pond called Fresh Pond in Massachusetts

3 comments:

on_thg said...

Man, I *loved* the Great Brain series when I was a kid.

I looked and looked for a chance to get your bet down, but I never found the correct type of dealer. I suck.

Ignatious said...

holy crap - the great brain! talk about bringing back a random childhood memory.

fyi - would love to hear more Jeopardy anecdotes.

Peter said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog Pokerweblogs.com. .It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.

Greets Peter