Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

I gamble legally tomorrow. Boy, if I can't get a story in Truckin' about a South Carolina gambling cruise, I just need to shut down. Hope CC is hosting tonight. If so, see you there.

I almost hit the bubble tri-fecta last night in the 2nd Chance Mookie. I bubbled Monday in the Hoy and Tuesday in the Mookie. Alas, I finished two off the bubble in the second chance. It was a good combination of games though, Hold Em and Omaha (high only), pot-limit style. I play Omaha High less than I play Badugi so it always takes a few rounds to reach my comfort level. I don't know why I bother though. Last year I made the final table of a 100+ player tournament playing O8. Of course, everyone else was playing Omaha High. I must have been playing great scoop hands till the final table. There, I got pissed when my nut low didn't take half the pot and knew there was a problem with the tournament. Oops. My bad. As soon as I realized what the game actually was, I started playing "correctly" and got knocked out in 5th or 6th. Henceforth, I shall only play O8, whatever the four card game is dealt.

3 comments:

Pauly said...

Can't wait toread the Truckin' story.

Schaubs said...

Linked here from the Mook. Happy Birthday!! Have a great one!

lightning36 said...

Congrats on the victory at CC's. I look forward to your report of the "virgin" gambling experience.

light