Monday, February 26, 2007

What's the Point?

Had a nice weekend at UB over the weekend. Played the 10 pm MTT Friday and Saturday and AA hurt me both nights. On Friday, I ran it into JK and the A on the flop looked great for me. I quickly realized the other two cards were QT and I was o-u-t. On Saturday, I was in middlin' chip position at the final table when I got it all in again versus KJ. The flop was AJT, turn was an x, and the river filled his straight with a Q. Without the Q, I would have been the chip leader. I thought I was out but actually had about T2500 left with blinds at 1000/2000. I proceeded to break out my survival box and actually built back up to T30,000 within an orbit and ended up going out in 5th for a nice payday of 30x the buy-in; a lot better than the 5x tenth would have paid me.

Why am I even playing though? It appears the remaining sites will be leaving the market this year unless something wonderful happens. As it stands now, I have no concrete evidence I will be able to get anything out of Neteller or any of the sites (requested checks have not arrived yet). The only thing I am definintely receiving is the fun of playing. Now, that is nice but I should probably be doing something a little more constructive if I am not going to get paid. I am building up experince I hope will pay off in games the rest of my life as well as for the almost inevitable return of "legal" poker to the web in my lifetime. If nothing else, I should be able to teach my kids the proper way to be a winning player which will either help them get through college or lead them to ruin in a shack outside Reno.

Poker is supposed to circumvent the soul-searching, not be the cause of it.


Anyway, play the Hoy tonight. It's the right thing to do. There is an unknown bounty on my head. Unknow as I have no idea what it will be yet. It may depend on the level of my play. The more I am tricked, the better the bounty. Or it may just be a rock from my yard. Like I said, I don't know yet.

No comments: