Friday, September 07, 2007

Why Not Just be Rid of All of Us?

I watch children about once a month during church services. All the volunteers had to go through a cursory training program. We always have at least two parents assigned to a room and they won't let husbands and wives work together. In public, if I see a crying child anywhere and no parent is obviously close by, I stop to see if I can help.

Is it just me? Am I the only person who made it through childhood without being traumatized or otherwise abused?

From the Wall Street Journal, an article on males being afraid to work with or help children.

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

I remember having to go the "the training" in my church because some damn pedophile priests across the country were getting caught fooling around with little boys.

It is truly a shame that men across the country have to be feared because of a minority of sickos.