Wednesday, August 08, 2007

That's Not a Heat Wave

This is the start of pre-season football for high schools and colleges. No wonder I used to be in shape. I have no desire to step outside right now.


We had AA cracked at the home games last night on consecutive hands by the same player. All the chips went in pre-flop both times. Heads up, I escaped the wrath when I flopped a boat with AA but was soon done anyway. The heat is driving everybody to higher altitudes or to non-poker attitudes as we had a paltry five for the home game. I wonder how the group coming off the golf course will feel at the big game tonight. Could be good for us well-hydrated types.

A few years ago, this would have bothered me. During a meeting with a prosecuter this morning, she pointed out items in her file that disputed everything my client had told me. I would formerly have felt betrayed and dismayed with my client. With my few years of experience now though, I know that both our files probably have some mis-truths in them. In a case a few years ago with this same prosecutor, I got her to agree to drop a restraining order against my guy (different persona s my current case) as he and his lady were still meeting weekly for fun. I told her that the situation between the two was more complicated than what she was trying to represent and that, next time, there was a good chance it was going to be my guy who was the victim. Two weeks later, he was in the hospital with a baseball bat shaped dent. Guys and Girls-stay away from crazy.

No comments: