Tuesday, August 28, 2007

20

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun
I started humpin' volcanoes, baby, when I was too young
Started surfing the mad house, and I decided to stay
I got an itch in my cosmic pocket, and it won't go away


I only saw a couple of videos by this band when they were first active. Recently though, I have been getting into them.


Try me Try me
Darlin tell me
I need you
Try me Try me
And your love will always be true
Oh I need you (I need you)


I’ve got a good bit of the roots of rock-n-roll and can’t get by with not having the local guy.


Alright
We're gettin' funny in the back of my car
I'm sorry honey if I took you just a little too far, yes
Uh too too far


Got into this group as they were breaking up the first time. I am a DLR guy but it wasn’t serious enough for me back in the day.

Well, if you ever go back into Wooley Swamp, well, you better not go at night.
There's things out there in the middle of them woods that make a strong man
die from fright. Things that crawl and things that fly and things that creep
around on the ground. And they say the ghost of Lucius Clay gets up and he
walks around.


Not nearly my favorite song by this artist but it’s the one that came up.

Well there ain't no other woman
that can make me feel this way,
Gets up close you know, I just ain't got a word to say.

LOUD band and one of my favorites to listen to. A duet here.

No stars in the sky
The night seems so dark around you
You won't say a word
And wonder why no one's found you
Waiting for love
Praying for love again


This guy writes pretty songs and has a great sense of history. Had a funny TV show too.

So many dreams have been lost, I can’t even remember
So many dreams taken away, somebody’s gotta remember


The only artist for whom I couldn’t find lyrics online. Raucous rock from the west coast.

Ricky got the quarters for the table and broke
While I pulled hard on the sorrow and smoke
Raising up my bottle I looked for a chance
As you set your glass down on the bar with a glance at me
Down at the Horseshoe Lounge


A new one for me and I am digging it greatly. I bought a CD from a band on someone’s recommendation.. I didn’t like that band too much, but this guy was recommended by Amazon due to my earlier purchase. So, it worked out.

Where to run, baby, where to hide
Caught in the rain on the losin' side
All you wanted some some kinda friend
All you got was some heartache instead


Saw this band in Indianapolis at the Final Four. I missed them when they were putting out albums on a big label. Like many songs I like though, I heard this song when a band I worked with covered it. Good choice.

Give blood
But you may find that blood is not enough
Give blood
And there are some who'll say it's not enough
Give blood
But don't expect too ever see reward
Give blood
You can give it all but still asked for more


My favorite songwriter.

You feel, no one listens, before saying you're through
You fear, nothing takes you as far as you'll go
This song is not about you
The life that stands without you
Your body and blood
Your body and blood
You're leaving us all


Young band I like a lot.

Hey, buddy do you got the time?
No I don't got a watch can you spare a dime,
But I got two olives and a couple of limes,
Guessin' that means it's martini time.


Club venue staple in the southeast throughout the 90s. Testify.

Life it seems, will fade away
Drifting further every day
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters, no one else


Got into this band when AC/DC and Priest weren’t heavy enough anymore. Like most fans my age, first three albums-hell yeah. Since then-not so much.

After the fire the fire still burns
The heart grows older but never ever learns
The memories smolder and the soul always yearns
After the fire the fire still burns


The songwriter sung this version even though I like the more famous cover as well.

High, higher than the sun
You shoot me from a gun
I need you to elevate me here
A corner of your lips
As the orbit of your hips
Eclipse, you elevate my soul


Boy, he writes some silly lyrics for such a serious artist. I like this song a lot and this was their first album I bought since that really big one.

Hey pretty baby are you ready for me
It's your good rockin' daddy down from Tennessee
I'm just out of Austin bound for San Antone
With the radio blastin' and the bird dog on

Perfect song from an imperfect man.

I get up at seven, yeah
And I go to work at nine
I got no time for livin'
Yes, I'm workin' all the time


My favorite song from this group.

Well hurry on sundown
See what tomorrow brings
Hurry on sundown
See what tomorrow brings


This was the first time I ever heard this song. Guy from song 5 was in this band. I like his band better.

You’ll take my life but I’ll take yours too
You’ll fire you musket but I’ll run you through
So when your waiting for the next attack
You’d better stand there’s no turning back


Finally. Ask me any question; I’ve got encyclopedic knowledge. Except for that bit in the mid 90s.

Hey ho, let's go Hey ho, let's go Hey ho, let's go Hey ho, let's go
They're forming in straight line
They're going through a tight wind
The kids are losing their minds


I listen to more punk now than I ever did. Makes you feel good in 2-3 minute slices.

No comments: