Sunday, October 23, 2005

Poker Stars Blogger Tourney

Thirty-Ninth in the Poker Stars Blogger Tournament. Nice set-up with plenty of starting chips. I didn't sit with many of the regular crew. Helixx was at my first table, April and Bob at a later one, G-Rob was beside me for a few minutes, and Poker Nerd (aka The Venetian)made his customary appearance at my table for a bit before I got moved. There were a couple more I can't remember right this second but I gotta say there were many more I did not recognize. We got a big tent growing here.

The greatest poker compliment I have ever received came during my very first blogger tournament over a year ago. I played as a reader and spent a long time at my opening table with The Venetian, I could tell he was a fantastic player almost immediately. I wanted to make a mark in the community, so I pushed a lot. I took every opportunity to put pressure on the table. The Venetian said something in chat to the effect of me being a pretty good player ( I really wasn't but I was pretending pretty well that day). At that point, I had no idea who anybody was so the comment was merely a feel-good moment for me. Of course, in subsequent months, I found out how good a player he really is and his throw away comment meant a lot more to me. Since then, I have played in hundreds of MTT but I always love to get into one with the bloggers. It's just a little ol' home game with a few hundred buddies.

Hope to play with a bunch of the new names again. I hope they send me a shirt that fits. I know the hat won't. "One size fits all" is a damnable lie when it comes to my melon.

6 comments:

Easycure said...

Great job Mr. Big Noggin.

Gamecock said...

You played damn well, as always. I would've railed you earlier, but I did forget your PS name. . .

Human Head said...

Excellent performance, per usual :)

Google Page Rank 6 said...

Increase your Adsense Earnings

I noticed you have adsense ads on your page, Would you like to increase your earnings from them, Free and Legitimate way to make your clicks increase.
Come see my Blogger blog and it will tell you more.

Roberto Iza Valdes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
www.acehighwine.com said...

Great site! And the idea of a poker blogger's tournament is great too! Where can one find more information?

cheers
max